Call for Scientific Workshops (Deadline to submit is 6 June 2018)
Are you looking to…
- share some incredible discoveries you’ve made recently?
- gain new insights and feedback from your peers?
- build relationships with leaders in the Earth and space science community?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should consider submitting a Scientific Workshop proposal.
The 2018 AGU Fall Meeting Planning Committee requests proposals for full or half-day Scientific Workshops to be held on 10-14 December 2018 in Washington, D.C.
As we continue to improve our Fall Meeting programming, we invite AGU members, industry partners and like-minded organizations to bring their innovative ideas and content to Fall Meeting to share with over 25,000 attendees at the largest Earth and space science gathering in the world.
Specifically, we welcome and will give priority to:
- educational workshops that are transdisciplinary or technical in nature, encourage analysis and reflection on scientific subject matter that promotes discussions, and shares long-term visions for the scientific disciplines.
- workshops that are framed to close skill gaps, to provide a deep dive into new or existing tools or technology, or to provide opportunities for groups to collaborate or problem-solve.
- workshops based upon adult learning principles and are not commercial in nature.
Scientific Workshop Submission Requirements and Format:
- Submissions will be reviewed and approved by the Fall Meeting Program Committee.
- Must be submitted as either ½ day or full day workshops.
- Must include at least one defined learning objective.
- A fee may be required for attendees of the workshop.
- All workshop participants and organizers must register to attend Fall Meeting (one-day registrations will be available).
- Attendance will be limited to 250 attendees or less.
- Available room-setups: Classroom, Theater, or Rounds.
- The submitter MUST be an AGU member.
- If you have a question on your membership status, need to join or renew, or need assistance with your AGU membership account, contact the AGU Membership Services Team at email@example.com or call 800.966.2481 (toll-free in North America) or +1 202.462.6900.
- Note to Members of Cooperating Societies: Members of the American Meteorological Society (AMS), European Geosciences Union (EGU), Japan Geophysical Union (JpGU), and Mineralogical Society of America (MSA) may join AGU or submit Scientific Workshop proposals. AMS, EGU, JpGU, and MSA members (who are not AGU members) must contact the AGU Member Service Center by calling +1 800.966.2481 (toll-free in North America) or +1 202.462.6900 to request log-in credentials in order to submit an abstract to their societies’ co-sponsored sessions.