Be a part of planning the AGU Fall Meeting.
The AGU Meetings Committee seeks an individual to fill the position of chair of the Fall Meeting Program Committee. The Fall Meeting is the premier meeting of the Earth and space sciences community. Candidates must be AGU Members, be highly organized and dynamic and have strong leadership abilities. The Fall Meeting chair also serves as an ex officio member of the AGU Meetings Committee. The time commitment is approximately 10-15% of one’s time, depending on management style. The chair receives an annual honorarium of $3,000.00 per year, and expenses are paid to attend relevant meetings.
This position will chair the 2020, 2021 and 2022 AGU Fall Meetings, but will shadow the current Fall Meeting Program Committee Chair throughout the 2019 Fall Meeting planning process. The chair will:
- Preside over the Union-appointed Program Committee
- Ensure that excellent scientific sessions and keynotes are produced for Union program
- Provide guidance to section committee members to develop programs and to ensure the development of both disciplinary and interdisciplinary sessions
- Implement existing and new scientific program initiatives and guide the final arrangement of the scientific program
- Attend two face to face committee meetings in the spring and fall each year
- Participate in conference calls as needed.
Please review the full chair description for additional responsibilities. For additional information or to be considered for this position, please send a curriculum vitae with a letter of interest outlining how your skill set, knowledge and abilities are appropriate for the Chair position to email@example.com.
The application deadline is Friday, 21 December 2018. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and notification of selection will be in February 2019.
This is an opportunity to advance your leadership skills and to participate in the organization and development of an exciting and innovative scientific program for the AGU Fall Meeting.