Science is a part of everyone’s lives and the science storytelling organization The Story Collider believes that everyone has a story about how science has affected them. This year at Fall Meeting, The Story Collider will host a storytelling event where AGU scientists (and a science reporter) will tell true, personal stories about science, live on stage. Stories by:
- Asmeret Asefaw Berhe, soil scientist and Leadership board member of ESWN
- Carol Finn, geophysicist and past AGU president
- Ryan Haupt, paleontologist and co-host of the Science…sort of podcast
- Katharine Hayhoe, atmospheric scientist and lead author of the Fourth National Climate Assessment
- Sarah Kaplan, science reporter at the Washington Post
- Janine Krippner, volcanologist and social media volcanological fact checker
This free event will be on Thursday, 13 December. Doors open at 6:15PM and the show begins at 7:00PM. Space is limited and appetizers and a drink ticket will be provided. More info here.