Please note: Abstracts submitted to alternate session format sessions (Short Talks, Panels or eLightning sessions) which are not selected for an alternate format WILL BE scheduled in a poster session.
Recognizing that presenters at AGU meetings need solutions that encourage more in-depth discussions, allow for innovative and dynamic multimedia options, and increase overall visibility, AGU has been working to create a more dynamic approach to the traditional poster format. The “lightning” presentation concept (initially introduced at the AGU Fall Meeting 2016) will be expanded in 2018 with several eLightning sessions being dedicated to this format.
These interactive electronic posters create an engaging experience for both presenters and attendees, providing significant additional value, including the ability to incorporate videos and audio recordings and to show complex data sets.
In addition to the immediate benefits to presenters in 2018, the evolution of eLightning sessions will also allow AGU to experiment with a medium that could make remote presentations a reality at future meetings. AGU is also exploring the possibility that these presentations will be preserved and assigned a permanent ID (possibly a DOI).
Please note that there is no additional cost to present an eLightning presentation at the AGU Fall Meeting 2018.
eLightning Nuts & Bolts…
- will last two hours starting with a three-minute lightning presentation from each presenter, followed by group discussion and time with individual presenters at their touch screens for in-depth conversations with attendees
- all submissions will be approved by the Program Committee
- to be displayed on a 52” touch screen that will enable a dynamic, interactive, multifaceted, digital presentation that attracts, engages, and informs attendees
- created on a web-based platform that can include high-resolution images, videos and animations, voiceover narrations, and scrolling content
- includes the option for a presenter to include a brief introductory or summary presentation recording
- ability to update their poster up to the start of their presentation
- increased visibility with two dedicated times for presentation of a single abstract
- will be hosted in a virtual library that will be available at any time, from the web or from the session stations onsite, even if the presenter is not present at their touch screen
View a demo presentation that was created to help 2017 eLightning presenters in creating their own presentation.
For more information, please view the instructional video below.