Pods are a new way for attendees to converse and collaborate with colleagues and fellow attendees outside of the scientific sessions. These are non-enclosed soft seating options grouped in “pods” for attendees to continue the conversation in a dedicated spot that includes a monitor for displaying ePosters, eLightnings, other presentations, or other scientific discussion points. Pods were piloted in 2016 with great success, so the number of pods and availability of the pods have been increased for 2017.
Pods by reservation only will need to have a reservation through through the sign-up link above. Impromptu pods will not use reservations and will be first come/first serve only. We ask that you respect your colleagues by limiting impromptu pod usage to no more than an hour. Reservation only pods will have a monitor which you can connect to your laptop and project your screen. Pods should not be used for personal use such as sitting or sleeping. Please keep these pods open for use by your colleagues for discussion if you are no longer or not using the pod for it’s primary use.
We have increased the amount of pods and spreading out their locations. There will be a total of 11 pods open to attendees throughout the center.
- 8 pods in the poster hall, with 4 of them being by reservation and the other 4 being impromptu only. These are grouped by scientific neighborhoods.
- Pod 1: Science Nexus Impromptu
- Pod 2: Science Nexus Reservation Only
- Pod 3: Earth Interior Impromptu
- Pod 4: Earth Interior Reservation Only
- Pod 5: Earth Covering Impromptu
- Pod 6: Earth Covering Reservation Only
- Pod 7: Beyond Earth Impromptu
- Pod 8: Beyond Earth Reservation Only
- 3 pods in the pre-function area outside of the Great Hall, 1 being reservation only, 2 being impromptu, and the last being reserved for a separate use
- Pod 9: Pre-function area Reservation Only
- Pod 10: Pre-function area Impromptu
- Pod 11: Pre-function area Impromptu
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions in the meantime.