AGU is launching interactive electronic posters, called eLightning Presentations, to encourage more in-depth discussions and increase overall visibility for presenters’ work. This is part of an effort by AGU to experiment with a medium that could make remote presentations feasible for future meetings.
eLightning Presentations will
- Be projected on a large touch screen, enabling a dynamic, interactive, multifaceted, digital presentation.
- Be created on a Web-based platform that can include high-resolution images, videos and animations, voice-over narrations, and scrolling content.
- Provide the option for a presenter to include a brief introductory or summary recording.
eLightning Presenters MUST create their presentation using our vendor’s online platform, iPosterSessions. All presenters received individual log-in credentials in mid-October. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference code AGU2017 to ask for this email to be resent, or if you have having any troubles with the online presentation creation platform.
Each eLightning session will be 2 hours, starting with a 3-minute lightning presentation from each presenter and concluding with group discussion and dialog exchange with individual presenters. The presenters will each be assigned their own monitor for the remainder of the session to be available for individual questions and discussion.
- Go green: No need to print, transport, or hang a poster
- Provides a dynamic online presentation creation platform with multimedia capabilities including
- High-resolution images
- High-definition videos
- Audio files, slide shows
- Complex graphics
- Room for unlimited content
- Creates a virtual library of presentations that are available for viewing before, during, and after the meeting as well as at on-site session stations even if the presenter is not there
- Presenters can develop their poster content up to the start of their presentation
- Presentations can be accessed at any time online, on a tablet or smartphone
- Increases visibility with two dedicated times for presentation of a single abstract
- Accommodates unlimited content, allowing for in-depth conversations
AGU has worked to subsidize cost as much as possible for this new technology. To cover the remaining costs, an additional fee will be added to an eLightning session, during abstract submission process.
|Membership Status||eLightning Fee||Abstract Submission Fee||Total|
|Tier 1 & 2 Countries||$0||$0||$0|
The fees are less than the standard on-site poster printing costs, and only 1/8 the cost to rent a monitor and other equipment during a traditional session in the poster hall:
Size Paper Fabric
3 ft × 5 ft (91.44 cm × 152.4 cm) $119 $149
4 ft × 5 ft (121.92 cm × 152.4 cm) $139 $179
4 ft × 6 ft (121.92 cm × 182.88 cm) $159 $209
Renting Equipment during Poster Session
40" LED monitor $250
4ft Table $150
Internet Hard Line $200
As with their abstract submission fee, authors from Tier 1 and Tier 2 countries will have the fee waived. Additionally, waivers can be granted on a case-by-case basis for those who wish to participate but for whom the fee is a barrier. AGU is actively seeking grants and sponsorships that could help to further offset costs.
Still have questions? Read the FAQs.