Fall Meeting Chair: Candidate Search
Submission Deadline: 3 June
The AGU Meetings Committee seeks an individual to fill the position of chair of the Fall Meeting Program Committee. The Fall Meeting is the premier meeting of the Earth and space sciences community. Candidates must be highly organized and dynamic and have strong leadership abilities. The Fall Meeting chair also serves as an ex officio member of the AGU Meetings Committee. The time commitment is approximately 10–15% of one’s time, depending on management style. The chair receives an annual honorarium of $2500.00 USD, and expenses are paid to attend relevant meetings.
This position is responsible for the 2017, 2018, and 2019 AGU Fall Meetings. The chair will:
- Preside over the Union-appointed Program Committee
- Ensure that excellent scientific sessions are produced for Union program
- Work with section and focus group committee members to ensure the development of both disciplinary and interdisciplinary sessions
- Implement existing and new scientific program initiatives and have complete authority for the arrangement of the scientific program
- Serve as a member of the Meetings Strategy Taskforce
- Attend two face-to-face committee meetings
For additional information or to be considered for this position, please send a curriculum vitae via email with a letter of interest to Lauren Parr, Director of Meetings.
The AGU Meetings Committee will review applications and select candidates to interview for the position. Telephone interviews will be conducted in June 2016.