View the abstract submission video tutorials for a step-by-step overview of all submission steps.
- Deadline: All abstract submissions must be received by 2 August 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST through the submission site. Abstracts will NOT be accepted for review either after this date or via email at any time.
- Abstracts must focus on scientific results or their application. The Program Committee may decline to consider abstracts with other focus.
- Following the abstract deadline, a submitted abstract may be placed in a different, more appropriate session than the one to which it was submitted. Final decisions regarding placement of individual abstracts and sessions rest with the Program Committee.
- The abstract title is limited to 300 characters, and the abstract text is limited to 2,000 characters. There is a limit of 2,000 characters, excluding spaces but including punctuation, for the text of your submission.
- NEW: Authors can add an additional plain-language summary of their abstract with a maximum of 200 words.
- LaTeX is supported. Special characters are also available in the abstract management system.
- A flat fee of $65 (USD) will be charged for each regular member submission.
- A flat fee of $35 (USD) will be charged for each student member submission.
- If you are submitting to an eLightning session, an additional fee will be applied during submission. See the Alternate Session Formats page for more details.
- There is no fee for persons residing in Qualifying Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries.
- The abstract submission fee is a nonrefundable processing fee and is not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at Fall Meeting.
- Do not withdraw a paid abstract submission to make edits. Refunds will not be issued for abstracts that are withdrawn and resubmitted, and payment will be required for any resubmissions.
- After an abstract is submitted, it can be accessed and edited until the abstract submission deadline (2 August 2017). After this deadline, edits cannot be made.
- The only method of payment accepted for abstract fees is by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) in the abstract submission system. Wire payments or purchase orders requested from AGU cannot be accommodated.
- The abstract submission fee does not register you for the meeting. Separate registration fees apply. All presenters must register in order to attend Fall Meeting. Online Fall Meeting registration will be open in mid-August.
- Check out some pointers on how to write an AGU abstract
- Information on Fall Meeting registration
- Information on the Outstanding Student Paper Award (OSPA) Program
- Information on Student Travel Grants
- Information on the Berkner Travel Fellowship
- In early October, acceptance notifications will be distributed via email, and the final scientific program will be available online.
- If you wish to cite an abstract presented at this meeting, please see below for how to reference an abstract. Cite as: Author(s) (2017), Title, Abstract (Final paper number, ex: AH14B-1234) presented at 2017 AGU Fall Meeting, New Orleans, La., 11–15 Dec.