AGU is launching interactive electronic posters, called eLightning Presentations, to encourage more in-depth discussions and increase overall visibility for presenters’ work. This is part of an effort by AGU to experiment with a medium that could make remote presentations feasible for future meetings.
eLightning Presentations will:
- Be projected on a large touch screen, enabling a dynamic, interactive, multifaceted, digital presentation.
- Are created on a web-based platform that can include high-resolution images, videos and animations, voice-over narrations, and scrolling content.
- Provide the option for a presenter to include a brief introductory or summary recording.
Each eLightning session will be two hours, starting with a three-minute lightning presentation from each presenter, and concluding with group discussion and dialog exchange with individual presenters.
- Go Green: No need to print, transport or hang a poster
- Provides a dynamic online presentation creation platform with multimedia capabilities including:
- High-resolution images
- High-definition videos
- Audio files, slide shows
- Complex graphics
- Room for unlimited content
- Creates a virtual library of presentations that are available for viewing before, during, and after the meeting as well as at onsite session stations even if the presenter is not there
- Presenters can develop their poster content up to the start of their presentation
- Presentations to be accessed at any time online, on a tablet or smart phone
- Increases visibility with two dedicated times for presentation of a single abstract
- Accommodates unlimited content allowing for in-depth conversations
AGU has worked to subsidize cost as much as possible for this new technology. To cover the remaining costs, an additional fee will be added to an eLightning session, during abstract submission process.
|Membership Status||eLightning Fee||Abstract Submission Fee||Total|
|Tier 1 & 2 Countries||$0||$0||$0|
The fees are less than the standard on-site poster printing costs, and only 1/8the cost to rent a monitor and other equipment during a traditional session in the poster hall:
Size Paper Fabric
3 ft x 5 ft (91.44 cm x 152.4 cm) $119 $149
4 ft x 5 ft (121.92 cm x 152.4 cm) $139 $179
4 ft x 6 ft (121.92 cm x 182.88 cm) $159 $209
Renting Equipment during Poster Session
40" LED monitor $250
4ft Table $150
Internet Hard Line $200
As with their abstract submission fee, authors from Tier 1 & Tier 2 countries will have the fee waived. Additionally, waivers can be granted on a case-by-case basis for those who wish to participate but for whom the fee is a barrier. AGU is actively seeking grants and sponsorships that could help to further offset costs.
Still have questions? Read the FAQs.