The American Geophysical Union is excited to welcome you to San Francisco next week for Fall Meeting. We hope the information below will help you prepare for your time at the meeting.
Plan Your Schedule in Advance
We know that the size and scale of the Fall Meeting program (more than 22,000 abstracts!) can be overwhelming, and ask that you do the following to ensure a successful experience:
- Download the AGU mobile app (see below for more instructions) before you arrive at the Fall Meeting and sync your itinerary with your online scientific program schedule. Due to high volume, the free WiFi access at the Moscone Center may not be sufficient to download large files so we encourage you to do this ahead of time. Instructions on downloading the app can be found below. If you experience technical difficulties on site, visit the Mobile App Desk at Moscone West, Level 1.
- Download the digital program book and daily technical newspapers before you leave for San Francisco.
- Register for AGU On-Demand to view sessions that you may have missed.
Moscone West, Level 1 (full service registration* and press registration)
Moscone North, Upper Lobby (badge materials pick-up, pre-registration only, and exhibitors)
*full service consists of badge materials pick-up, pre-registration, on-site registration, meetings services, Honors Tribute booth and other auxiliary services.
|Sunday||12:00 P.M. – 6:30 P.M.|
|Monday||6:00 A.M. – 7:30 P.M.|
|Tuesday||7:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.|
|Wednesday-Friday||7:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.|
Ensure that you get to your early Monday sessions by taking advantage of one of the registration locations available.
As you prepare to travel to San Francisco, please take a moment to review the AGU Meetings Code of Conduct.
The Fall Meeting 2016 Mobile App is the best way to stay connected during the meeting. Download the mobile app to browse, search, and schedule sessions from the scientific program to your itinerary planner. Explore Fall Meeting events and workshops, search the Exhibit Hall for vendors, and receive notifications on late-breaking meeting news and events. For technical support, contact email@example.com.
To login: There are two options for accessing the app.
- Option 1: To fully utilize all features, you will need to login with an existing account or create a new one during the first use. To sync your personal itinerary with multiple devices and the online scheduler, use the SAME EMAIL ADDRESS for the mobile app and online scheduler.
- Option 2: You can login with a Guest Account and utilize the mobile app without creating a personal account. If this login option is selected, you cannot sync your data or your personal itinerary with other devices or the online scheduler. You will not be able to network with other app users.
In addition to a productive week, we want you to be safe on the streets of San Francisco.
- Remove your badge upon exiting
- Plan your travel route before you depart and avoid visible use of cell phones
- Be aware of your surroundings; secure important items
- Walk with your colleagues
AGU staff who are wearing “Safe AGU” buttons are trained to assist you if you need to report a harassment or other safety/security issue.
Oral sessions will be held in Moscone South and Moscone West.
Poster sessions will be held in Moscone South.
Keynote sessions will be held in Moscone North, Hall E.
More than 250 exhibitors will be on hand to provide information and details on products and services. Be sure to visit them beginning Monday evening from 6:00 P.M – 8:00 P.M. at the Icebreaker Reception. A complete list of exhibitors can be found on the AGU Fall Meeting mobile app and in the program book.
Here are just a few of the new initiatives that AGU is excited to try out at this year’s Fall Meeting:
- Alternate Session Formats
- AGU On-Demand with Social Q&A
- Wayfinders (Interactive Map Stations)
- And more!
Click here to learn more about these pilot activities.
AGU asks that participants at all AGU meetings, including the 2016 Fall Meeting, observe these guidelines.
We ask social media users to:
- Treat all participants, attendees, AGU staff, and vendors with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be respectful and collaborative.
- Communicate openly with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, AGU staff, and suppliers/vendors.
Please note that guests must also be registered and wear a badge. Guest registration is available on site in Moscone West, Level 1. Please review the guest policy to confirm which events and areas are open to guests.
If you have any questions regarding registration or your hotel, please contact +1-800-564-4220 (toll-free); +1-703-631-6200 (International); or email at firstname.lastname@example.org between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M. Eastern Time Monday – Friday.
We recommend reserving parking in advance with SpotHero, a parking reservation service that connects drivers to discounted, convenient parking! Visit the SpotHero Moscone Center parking page to find and reserve convenient parking with rates up to 50% off drive-up.
New to SpotHero? Download the app and enter promo code FALLAGU for an extra $5 off parking!
See you in San Francisco!
AGU Meetings Team