The abstract submission tool will be available in June.
View submission standards for all AGU Meetings.
- Abstracts must focus on scientific results or their application. The Program Committee may decline to consider abstracts with other focus.
- Following the abstract deadline, submitted papers may be placed in a different, more appropriate session than the one to which it was submitted. Final decisions regarding placement of individual papers and sessions rests with the Program Committee.
- The abstract title is limited to 300 characters and the abstract text is limited to 2000 characters. The 2000 character limit includes punctuation, but not spacing.
- LaTeX is supported. Special characters are also available in the abstract management system.
- The person submitting the abstract will automatically be the First Author. This cannot be modified. The First Author will receive all communications regarding their abstract.
- The First Author, including invited authors, MUST be an AGU member.
- Your AGU membership fee for 2014 must be paid in order to be recognized as a member in the abstract submission system. If paying by credit card you will have immediate access to the abstract submission system to submit your abstract. If paying by any other method, payment must be received by 24 July in order to be recognized as a member in the abstract submission system. After that date, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to submit an abstract.
- First Authors may have a maximum of one (1) contributed and one (1) invited abstract, or two (2) invited abstracts to any Section or Focus Group session. First Authors may also submit (1) additional contributed abstract to an Education (ED) or Public Affairs (PA) session.
- A research team may be referenced during the submission process in the Title of Team field, in lieu of adding the names of individual team members.
- A flat fee of $65 (USD) will be charged for each regular submission.
- A flat fee of $35 (USD) will be charged for each student submission.
- There is no fee for persons residing in Qualifying Low and Lower Middle Income Countries.
- The abstract submission fee is a non-refundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the Fall Meeting.
- The only method of payment accepted for abstract fees is by credit card.
- Submissions can be edited after submission and prior to the abstract submission deadline.
- The abstract submission fee does not register you for the meeting. Separate registration fees apply. All presenters must register for Fall Meeting. Fall Meeting registration will be open in the summer.
- Oral presentations cannot be requested. These are assigned by the session conveners and Program Committee based on the total number of submissions received.
- Poster presentations may be requested. These requests will be honored by the conveners and Program Committee. Posters are a valuable mechanism for communicating your research. Poster presenters will also have the opportunity to upload their poster and accompanying videos on the Fall Meeting ePoster site prior to the meeting.
- Submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation to give a presentation in the designated manner assigned. It also grants AGU permission to publish the abstract.
- To make either an oral or a poster presentation, the presenter must be listed on an abstract at the time of electronic publication. An individual cannot present someone else’s paper, if their name is not listed as an author on the abstract.
- Session conveners must enter the names of all Invited Authors into the system no later than 23 July 2014.
- A person may not be invited to submit an abstract to more than two (2) sessions.
- After the convener has added the Invited Author to the session the Invited Author will receive an email with instructions. The Invited Author will be unable to submit the invited abstract until the emailed instructions are received.
- A First Author may NOT be an Invited Author or Presenter on an abstract submitted to a session which they are convening.
- Invited Authors are not guaranteed an oral presentation.
- Invited Authors do not receive discounted abstract fees, registration fees, or travel reimbursement.
- Town Hall proposal submissions are open to all meeting participants.
- All Town Hall proposals must be submitted through the online abstract submission system.
- There is no fee for proposing a Town Hall.
By early October, acceptance notices will be sent and the final program will be available online.