Participating in the Student Volunteer Program is a great way for students to get a behind-the-scenes look at how AGU manages such a large meeting while earning free student registration for 8 hours of volunteer time. It’s also a great way for students to become more familiar with the events and programs we offer so that they can offer feedback!
All Student Volunteer Positions Have Been Filled
Applications Open: 7 October 2014
Application Deadline : 31 October 2014
Volunteers Announced: Those selected will be notified no later than 1 November.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a degree-granting institution
- Must be an AGU student member
- Successfully-submitted abstract prior to filling out application. Your Presentation ID (ex, PP42C-08) will be required on the application
- First author presenting a paper/poster
- All student volunteers must understand and speak English well.
- Students must volunteer for a total of (8) hours and may split those hours between positions
- Students may not sign up for more than 8 hours at the beginning of the sign-up period. If extra positions are available, students will be notified
- Students will receive complimentary 2014 Fall Meeting registration
- Volunteer Supervisors will be available at the beginning of each shift. Students much check in with the Supervisor in order to receive credit for their volunteer hours
- Volunteers should dress neatly and wear comfortable shoes
- All volunteers will be required to wear an AGU Student Volunteer T-Shirt during their shift
Contact Students@agu.org for customer service.