The Town Hall proposal submission site is now open. Town Halls offer an opportunity for government agencies, academic programs, special projects, and other focused interest groups to gather input from the broader AGU Community. They are open to all meeting participants.
All Town Hall proposals must be submitted through the online system. Please review the Town Hall submission tutorial prior to submission. There is no fee for proposing a Town Hall. The deadline for all proposals is 6 August 2014, 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT.
The Fall Meeting Program Committee will review and assess the proposals and finalize the schedule for all approved Town Halls. Letters of notification regarding Town Halls will be distributed via e-mail in early October.
Town Hall Requirements:
- The description should be not more than 100 words, including target audience and goals. If accepted, the description will be edited to conform to AGU style and format and published.
- The submitter must be an AGU member with dues up to date for 2014.
- Town Hall proposals must include a primary contact for the meeting, including name and affiliation, and a list of proposed speaker names, if applicable.
- All Town Hall participants must register to attend the Fall Meeting.
- Applications also may also include Section/Focus Group endorsements, if applicable. You may solicit these endorsements from the appropriate Program Committee member(s).