Poster Session Chair Guidelines
Note: All poster sessions take place in Moscone South, Halls A-C.
- Check the online Meeting Program for any changes or updates to your session.
- The Poster Hall will open at 7:30 am. Please plan to arrive in the poster area before the session is scheduled to start.
- Make sure authors’ poster boards are numbered properly.
- Make sure authors are beginning to set up their posters before 8:00 am and are not experiencing problems.
- Make sure authors have clearly posted the time when they will be at their boards. These signs can be picked up at the Facilities Desk.
- Help any author who is having trouble with layout, setup, or equipment.
- Encourage participation by introducing individuals in the area to specific authors and performing “crowd control” as necessary.
- No papers may be added to the session. No papers may be moved from one session to another. Record any such situations on the evaluation form.
- Should any problem develop with poster set up, facilities, or equipment, contact an AGU staff person at the Facilities Desk.
- An online evaluation will be emailed to you a few days prior to the meeting. Please be sure to complete it as soon as your session is over to provide valuable feedback. This includes an assessment of the session’s attendance as well as any paper listed in the program but not presented.